9.29.2009

Joseph Scott Ross


Jospeh Scott Ross

June 15, 1963 - Norfolk, Virginia
March 16, 2005 - Redmond

'Beloved Son, Brother
Husband and Daddy'

Joseph Scott Ross of Redmond died March 16, 2005. He was 41.

A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, March 20, at Terrebonne Pioneer Cemetery in Smith Rock.

Mr. Ross was born June 15, 1963, in Norfolk, Virginia, to Harold Ross and Jo Mundy. He graduated from Pebblebrook High School in Mableton, Georgia, and attended Oregon State University for two years.

He married Sarah Ross on September. 15, 2001, in Prineville.

Mr. Ross worked as a contractor/builder for 10 years in Central Oregon. He also worked as a model in Atlanta for several years. He was a member of Highland Baptist Church. He enjoyed hunting, fishing, singing, writing poems and spending time with his family.

His survivors include:

Wife, Sarah

Parents, Harold Ross of La Pine and Jo Mundy of Atlanta, Georgia

Sons, Samuel and Joseph Jr., both of Redmond, and Braden of Prineville

Daughter, Colby of Prineville

Brother, Tony of Atlanta, Georgia

Sisters, Michele Brignone of Atlanta, Georgia, Dawn Vance of Marion, Ohio, and Nola Noles of Medford

Grandmother, Faye Ross of Redmond.

He was preceded in death by his grandfather.

Memorial contributions may be made in lieu of flowers to United Cerebral Palsy.

Autumn Funerals in Redmond is in charge of arrangements.

6 comments:

  1. I was surprised and pleased to find this on the Internet. Considering I am all the way across the United States, I just wasnted to thank you for giving me a means to see my brother!
    Michele Brignone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele -
    I'm glad I could help. That's why I am doing this. Someday, I'll find someone who will photograph my family.

    I'm sorry for your loss. He is in a most beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont really know what to say. Ive known that he was dead since my mother found his obituary in the newspaper. I knew Joseph as Scott Ross. I have not seen him since I was 3 years old. My name is Chelsea and Scott was my father. My mother and him had a brief relationship in 1992, right before Sammy and Joey's mother Robbin. He was there as a father for me, and he knew that when my mother married, My life would be too complicated with two families, so he terminated his parental rights and my mothers husband adopted me.
    I just want to try to contact someone that knew him, so that I can know what kind of a man my father was. I still think about him every day and wish desperately that I could have known him the way the rest of his childeren did.
    thank you for this,
    Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chelsea - I would contact his church - the pastor might be helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea,
    I am your Aunt Michele, Scott's younger sister. I have always wanted to meet you and you can reach me at msbriggy11@gmail.com at any time. You can also contact his widow, Sarah at sarahjayne24@hotmail.com. We were just talking about you earlier tonight. I hope you find this and get in touch soon!! Your dad was an amazing man and the best big brother a girl could have!!! I look forward to hearing from you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gravewalker,
    Thank you so much. Without this blog, i would not be where I am now. I got my family back, I cant tell you how much that means to me. You are truly a blessing.

    ReplyDelete